Simple and yummy! A delicious pasta and chicken dish with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Try it with some crusty bread!
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken breast
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- 4 cups (1 L) cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) steamed edamame
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced red peppers
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mango
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Toss chicken in teriyaki sauce and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Then, cut the meat into slices.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, peanut butter, and sesame oil. Set aside for later use.
- Place the cabbage coleslaw mix in a large bowl. Add edamame, cucumber, red pepper, mango, green onions, sesame seeds, chow mein noodles and chicken slices. Serve with the yogurt dressing.
If you prefer a sweeter dressing, pulse 1/2 cup (125 mL) of mango in a food processor until smooth and mix into the yogurt dressing.
Recipe Courtesy of: dietitians.ca