Spinach and Artichoke Bites
Are you hosting a big family dinner or have been assigned appetizer duty? Here's a quick and easy spin on the classic spinach and artichoke dip. This bite sized appetizer is not only popular with the adults, but also a great dish for the kids to help with!
- 3 oz. spinach leaves
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Combine spinach, drained artichoke hearts, shredded Gruyere, and cream cheese in a food processor, and pulse until smooth, about 5 times, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Separate crescent roll dough triangles where perforated. Cut each triangle in half from tip to base, creating 2 triangles out of each. Gently pat and stretch the wide end of each triangle to make it a bit wider. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of filling on wide end of each triangle. Roll from widest part of triangle, pinching sides slightly, toward tip, enclosing filling; curve slightly to create a crescent shape. Place on prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Lightly brush beaten egg over surface of each crescent. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through bake time.
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living