With the summer vegetable garden offering plenty of fresh vegetables, enjoy your patio brunches with this easy to make, healthy, and delicious Summer Garden Quiche. You can always switch it up with fresh vegetables of your choice, or double the ingredients to serve a crowd in one go.
Cooking Time: 1h 20m
- 1tsp olive oil or as needed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1/4tsp kosher salt
- 2 grinds fresh black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 7 1/2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil until garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir tomato and carrots into kale mixture; cook for 5 more minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Stir cheddar cheese, kale mixture, and parsley into egg mixture; pour into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until quiche is set in the middle and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in pie dish for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com.